Mission Countdown

Monday, June 7, 2010

I'M HERE!

I made it! I am finally here. OK so after my forever flight to Salta Argentina I spent the night with the Hermana missionaries in Salta Argentina until they decided where I was going the next day. The heater was broken in our room so we froze cause its winter here so it gets cold at night and without a heater we might as well be sleeping outside. Then when I went to take a shower there was no hot water. That is why I look so ugly in the picture with the president.

I thought to myself please don´t send me to Salta cause one of us had to stay in that apartment and the other one took a bus to Jujuy. Well shortly after that I met with the mission president and he sent me to Jujuy!!! and my MTC companion stayed in Salta.

My Companions name is Hermana Pippia she is a native to Argentina. We live with two other sisters and one is from Chile the other is from Uruguay its awesome living with all lats. My Spanish is coming I can understand a lot more. Now Don´t worry by companion speaks English she is going to school to be an English professor.

I still have no heater but its OK i think someone is coming to fix it today. I´m sore everyday in places I didn't know you could be sore like the back of my knees lol. I love the feeling cause it lets me know I´m working super hard everyday. I just wish it would be less painful. We have cockroaches in our kitchen lol.

The people here are really humble I love teaching them I've only had one door slammed in my face so far. They call my mission the promised land cause there is so much success. My companion has been here for 3 months and baptized only 1 person but I think its because we never followed up with the people. We are now and we have 6 baptism dates for next month and 20 new investigators.

I can´t wait until I can speak fluent Spanish then I could do so much more. When I got here I came to this weird cold country where everyone spoke gibberish. I felt like I kept running at a wall with Spanish over and over again but the wall wasn't moving. Now I've grabbed an axe and I'm chopping at the wall. I have some holes made where I see the light. I understand a lot more. I'm so happy the lord has blessed me with the gift of tongues.

I've been totally humbled by being here everything is in the Lords hands now. I just do my best everyday and leave the rest up to him. I know this where I'm suppose to be right now and its a real good feeling. I've got some souls to save so I'll see you all later :)

Hermana Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment