Mission Countdown

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kara's Letter from 8/16/10

This week has been amazing and this transfer too. I have an investigator named Carmen she has been an investigator for 9 months and couldn't be baptized because she wasn't married to her husband but he died last month. Our goal is to baptize her children with her. So we're teaching one son and two grandchildren because they are the only ones that will listen. The spirit is so strong when we teach them about where their dad is now.

When my companion realized that everyone who didn't have a chance here to learn the gospel will get to learn about it in the spirit world she was like "what am I on a mission for if they will all learn it latter." I tried to explain it to her but she didn't get it and then she just let it go. Oh my companion I love her.

We have been teaching Mayra for 3 weeks now she is 17. She loves and embraces everything that we teach her it is super awesome. She came to church on Sunday for the first time and loved it so much. She is so amazing. I can't wait to baptize her she is amazing!!

We have a a women named Fabianna she is 23. She lives in a cinder block house and one side doesn't have a wall. She has a 2 year old little girl. When we were teaching her that God loves her she said "if God loves me then why do I have to live here with my daughter?" We told her that we all have our challenges are for a reason. A couple of lessons later she prayed and in the prayer she thanked Heavenly Father that she has food to feed her daughter. Even with how bad off she was she was still grateful. And it has been freezing here so no wall is a big deal. IF someone with no wall can be grateful and still enjoy life then we can to. It makes me look at things differently. My trials are not that bad there is always someone worse off!

Hermana Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment