Mission Countdown

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kara's Letter from 8/23/10

I got a new companion today she is from Illinois! I love her to death! It's weird to be able to have an opinion about things. She asked me what I like to do on my p-day I didn't know because my old companion just planned everything for us my say didn't matter to her. My companions name is Hermana Castillo she looks like a native speaker but she isn't. She is 9 months into her mission now. And she loves to play football so we will get a long great!!

This week was really good I did a split with a Hermana in a different area and she came to my area. Her name was Hermana Compos she doesn't know any English but we had an amazing day! And I realized that I knew a lot more Spanish then I thought, I just lacked confidence in it. She had 4 splits that week and she said I was her favorite because we were both learning so much and trying so hard it was amazing.

My new companion said the key to baptisms is to love the people. She said were going to have a ton of baptisms. All we need is love and she is full of love. I love it! The president of Argentina is in town and were going to see if we can pass by and take a pic with her!!

I taught the plan of salvation this week to some families it was amazing to see there change and see how much they loved the idea. I'm finally happy on my mission and its a really cool feeling. I can understand almost everything in Spanish about 90%. And I don't have to translate anymore the words make sense in Spanish. I love it.

Oh and we live on the 2nd floor of our house and we have an extra mattress. So on p-day we slide down the stairs. It is a blast we just came up with last week.

Love,
Hermana Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment